The Law Business Research published Russian chapter at the Employment Law Review, 6th edition, prepared by Irina Anyukhina, ALRUD Partner
In the article dedicated to the Russian Labour Law Irina Anyukhina describes the specificity of the labor relations regulation in the Russian Federation. The chapter contains the following sections:
- Overview of the changes in the legislation occurred during 2014, including: (i) Prohibition of sham commercial contracts, (ii) Recognition of employment by unauthorised representatives, (iii) Restrictions on severance payments, (iv) Evaluation of workplace conditions, (v) Risk-based compensation for employees of credit organisations.
- Significant cases.
- Basics of entering an employment relationship: Employment relationship, Probationary periods, Establishing a presence.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Wages for the working time and the overtime.
- Employment relationship with the foreign workers.
- Global policies.
- Employee representation.
- Data protection: (i) Requirements for registration, (ii) Cross-border data transfers, (iii) Sensitive data, (iv) Background checks.
- Discontinuing Employment: Dismissal and Redundancies.
- Transfer of Business.
- Evaluation of the opportunities in the field of labor law: (i) Agency labour, (ii) Possibility to hire foreign nationals as highly qualified specialists, (iii) Confirmation of knowledge of Russian language, history and basics of legislation, (iv) Amendments to the Labour Code regulating specifics of employment relations with foreigners, (v) Change of social insurance contributions.