We deliver comprehensive advice and innovative strategies to help our clients to manage their brands, technologies, and other business assets more efficiently.
Media and Advertising
We advise Russian and international clients on all legal issues arising from their operations in publishing, broadcasting, advertising and filming:
- Regulatory issues, such as licensing, compliance, and conformity, related to mass media and telecommunications;
- Protection of copyrights and know-how;
- Individual rights issues arising from filming, typing, interviewing, photographing, and similar activities;
- Structuring and support of mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures in the media sector, including management of antitrust / competition issues;
- Television, radio and Internet advertising;
- Misleading, comparative advertising and unfair competition in advertisements;
- Representation of clients before the Russian anti-trust authority on the issues of misleading and unfair advertising.
Brands are key business assets, which need to be profitably managed and protected. We advise and support our clients on brand matters both during their use and operation, as well as during transfer and sale. We work closely with our clients to develop strategies that enhance brand value:
- Analysis and assessment of branding portfolios, including those in mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures;
- Analysis and advice on the legal issues of brand implementation and brand protection in Russia;
- Trademark registration, licensing and franchising issues, challenging refusals of trademark registration, representing clients interests in the Chamber of Disputes of the Russian Patent Office;
- Antipiracy and counterfeiting enforcement, as well as advice on issues involving the distribution of counterfeit goods and unfair competition;
- Advising on intellectual property issues arising from import and export activity;
- Relations with customs, including registering brands with the customs authorities exercising control over imports;
- Good will protection.
Efficient management of technology is a basic requirement for successful business development in today’s fast-paced business environment. . We support both multinational and regionally focused clients in developing, acquiring, supplying, licensing and protecting their technology assets. We advise clients in pharmaceuticals, research and development, chemical, software industries, engineering, electronics, packaging, cosmetics and fabrics.
Our services include:
- Advice on software investment and development, data bases, inventions and know-how;
- Due diligence concerning technologies;
- Development of technology strategies and structuring technology transactions, including within mergers, acquisitions, and joint venture transactions;
- Advice on technology transfer and distribution transactions;
- Support for the efficient outsourcing and licensing of technology;
- Advising on tax aspects of technology transactions, as well as tax optimization of technology assets management;
- Data protection, including implementation of Data Leakage Protection (DLP) systems;
- Advice on the collection, storage, and use of personal data.